You are here
CataloniaBio is the association of companies in the health and life sciences arena in Catalonia. Its mission is to represent and support companies interested in promoting a strategic, innovative cluster, as well as helping to define the framework for sector-wide actions and industrial policies established at a national and European level.
The association was created in 2006 by a group of entrepreneurs and now has over 100 companies with significant activity in R&D&i, including multinational corporations, SMEs, start-ups and spin-offs.
These are the core values on which CataloniaBio bases its activity:
- Dialogue and support: CataloniaBio’s work focuses on acting as a platform at the service of the companies, bringing together ideas, opinions, initiatives and knowledge, through which we defend the interests of the sector before stakeholders (government administrations, investors, research centres, universities, etc.).
- Proximity and trust: we strive to be a body that is useful and close to members, transparent, that listens and collects the sector’s needs to incorporate them into our area of action and contribute to the on-going progress of biotechnology and biomedical companies.
- Collaboration: we facilitate relations among companies and professionals nationally and internationally and provide meeting points for them to share their experiences. We foster a positive, value-driven environment.
- Innovation: we tackle new challenges regularly in collaboration with other stakeholders to make sure the sector and our companies achieve the best international recognition for their innovation and research of excellence.
- Drive and efficiency: we’re enthusiastic about what we do, persevering with the association’s strategic focal points and optimising available resources.